OPPORTUNITIES FOR EDUCATORS, SCHOOLS AND GROUPS
Playing a leadership role in deepening science education and increasing ecological literacy is core to Woodland Park Zoo’s vision of creating the next generation of conservation stewards. The zoo accomplishes this through educator professional development, learning experiences on zoo grounds, in classrooms, in schoolyards and local natural areas; strategic partnerships; and extensive educational resources.
Our programs for educators and students support academic requirements in the sciences, offer field-based opportunities and foster inquiry to ensure that all students have sufficient knowledge and skills in science for success and sustainability in the 21st century.
Zoo Experiences for Schools and Groups
- Educator Development - Workshops, institutes, travel and other opportunities for educators
- Master’s Program for Educators - Advanced Inquiry Program. Earn your Master’s degree through workshops at Woodland Park Zoo and web-based courses through Miami University.
- Educator Appreciation Day - Once a year Woodland Park Zoo celebrates educators and shares information on our school programs through an Educator Appreciation Day the first Saturday in June.
School and Community Partnerships
Learn about Woodland Park Zoo's school and community Partnerships
Already know exactly what you are registering for and just need the registration form? View the registration forms for:
- school visits to the zoo
- outreach programs to your community
- educator professional development
All registration confirmations are sent via email and will come to you from an address ending in @zoo.org. Please make sure to read your confirmation and all attachments. Please contact us if you do not receive a registration confirmation.
If you cannot find the answers to your questions or need additional help please contact the School Registrar at 206.548.2424 x2 or e-mail.